Chicago Shakespeare Theater seeks a Community Engagement Consultant for our summer tour, Chicago Shakespeare in the Parks. This unique position works directly with the tour Project Manager and Chicago Shakespeare’s marketing department to develop and execute a strategy to promote Chicago Shakespeare in the Parks with the goal of deepening community relations and securing strong attendance, including community leadership, at each performance. The Community Engagement Consultant is the theater’s chief liaison with Park Advisory Councils, community leaders including Aldermen, businesses, churches, neighborhood councils, local libraries, arts organizations and social service agencies in the communities surrounding tour sites. Additionally, the consultant works closely with the Project Manager to promote the Neighborhood Hosts program to local organizations.
This is a part-time, hourly position, scheduled to begin in May. Those applying must be available May through late-August, during normal business hours and on nights and weekends.
12 hrs./week from May1- June 2nd.
30 hrs./week from June 5-August.
Develop and Execute a Strategy to Promote Chicago Shakespeare in the Parks
- Identify, track and contact neighborhood residents, businesses, churches, local libraries, arts organizations and social service agencies in the program’s targeted communities.
- Execute a strategy that blends relationship building with partners from previous years with outreach to new potential advocates
- Attend meetings and events held by neighborhood stakeholders including Aldermen, businesses, churches, local libraries, arts organizations and social services agencies
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure execution and delivery of resources necessary for the communication and promotion of performances
Make Presentations to local government, community leaders, civic groups and businesses
- Research and identify key stake holders in all neighborhoods.
- Represent Chicago Shakespeare Theater at external meetings, events, and productions and be able to articulate CST’s current education and civic engagement programs, as well as the mission and details of the 2017 tour;
- Establish community stakeholders and secure promotion assistance
- Work with key partners to ensure placement on web sites, newsletters and presence and public meetings.
Stay abreast of new developments in each neighborhood and consult with the Project Manager on issues related to tour sites
Ensure attendance at all park tour sites:
- Identifying neighborhood organizations to partner with on promotion of the program to teens
- Bachelor’s degree
- Community outreach experience
- Strong understanding of Chicago neighborhoods
- Must possess excellent written skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills and the ability to multi-task while maintaining exceptional attention to detail
- Highly literate in Microsoft Office Suite
- Willingness to work extended hours when workload demands, including evenings and weekends
- Interest in the performing arts
- Driver’s license and car
- Spanish a plus
Must be comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions including: heat, rain and humidity.
For more information please visit: https://www.chicagoshakes.com/