Cuyahoga Arts & Culture seeks an energetic and detail-oriented associate to work across functions to efficiently and proactively provide support for CAC’s grant making and communications work. The associate will streamline workflow, improve systems and lead key projects to better serve CAC’s team and cultural partners (grantees).
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Serve Grant Programs and Cultural Partners
- Manage the entire application and reporting workflow, including building grant applications, processing forms and following up with applicants.
- Serve as liaison by providing superior customer service and technical assistance to cultural partners, applicants and other constituents.
- Work with managers to maintain grant files and CAC’s organizational contact lists.
- Schedule and manage logistics for workshops and panels.
Build Awareness and Connections with Residents
- Manage and grow CAC’s online events calendar and jobs board by maintaining submitted information, providing technical assistant to users, developing new content, and tracking cultural partner activity on the pages.
- Curate upcoming events for the bi-monthly events e-newsletter.
- Assist managers in developing communications tools for cultural partners and coordinate pickup times.
Assist with Key Internal Operations
- Serve as staff liaison for establishing CAC’s Board meeting calendar, including venue selection, logistics and minute taking.
- Assess existing systems and tools and provide process improvements.
Other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications & Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years of direct, relevant experience in either the public or private (non-profit/for-profit) sectors, with demonstrated, thorough understanding of administrative and logistical projects.
- A keen interest in and understanding of Cuyahoga County’s arts and cultural assets.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office, web-based email management systems, graphic design software, and contact management systems.
- Critical Thinking: Is a critical thinker who is curious about learning and open to taking on new responsibilities.
- Organizational Skills and Logistics: Organizes information and manages projects with great attention to detail.
- Customer Service: Provides professional, timely, and effective assistance to external constituents.
- Teamwork: Is flexible, willing to be part of a team, yet takes initiative and is comfortable working independently.
- New Technologies: Is intrigued by and has demonstrated strong ability to learn new technologies.
CAC offers an excellent benefits package including medical and dental coverage, 25 days Paid Time Off and 11 paid holidays. CAC offices are located at Playhouse Square in downtown Cleveland. This position is a 40 hour/week, full-time position with occasional night and weekend responsibilities. Reliable transportation required.
For more information please visit: http://www.cacgrants.org/